MnDOT District 4
1000 Hwy 10 West
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
No travel advisory lifted on Hwy 108
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. — (9:45 a.m.) The Minnesota Department of Transportation has lifted the no travel advisory on Highway 108 between Pelican Rapids and Highway 78. Road conditions remain difficult on Highway 108.
A no travel advisory remains in effect on Highway 113 between Waubun and Highway 71.
Current driving conditions in west central Minnesota are generally fair, but motorists should drive with caution because of scattered icy spots.
MnDOT reminds motorists to be patient while snowplow operators work to improve driving conditions and prepare for snowfall.
After a storm motorists should:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow cloud. Snowplow operators will pull over when it is safe to do so to allow traffic build-up to pass.
- Stay alert for snowplows that turn or exit frequently and often with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down to a safe speed for current conditions. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.