MnDOT District 4
1000 Hwy 10 West
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
Metro COG, MnDOT to conduct traffic surveys on Moorhead and Dilworth roads
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. — Motorists will notice crews conducting visual traffic surveys at five intersections in Moorhead and Dilworth Thursday, Oct. 11, from 7 to 9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and 4 to 6 p.m., weather permitting.
- Highway 75 and 60th Avenue South in Moorhead
- Interstate 94 and Highway 75 (Eighth Street) in Moorhead
- Highway 10 (Main Avenue) at the Red River in Moorhead
- Highway 75 and 28th Avenue North in Moorhead
- Highway 10 at Seventh Street East in Dilworth
The surveys should not affect traffic flow or speeds at most locations. However, temporary message boards will ask drivers to reduce their speed to 35 mph at Highway 75 and 28th Avenue North.
The data collected will be used to better understand traffic patterns in the Moorhead and Dilworth areas. It will also be used to develop future transportation plans to accommodate the region as it continues to grow.
The Fargo-Moorhead Metropolitan Council of Governments and the Minnesota Department of Transportation are conducting the surveys.
In the event of inclement weather, the surveys will take place on Tuesday, Oct. 16.