Reconstruct in 2019
The new roadway will include a concrete median separating the eastbound and westbound lanes, and wide shoulders that can be striped as through-lanes in the future.
Summary of work
- Widen and reconstruct the roadway, includes the Highway 10 intersection at Highway 71
- Improve access and traffic flow
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches
- Upgrade storm sewers and install new LED street lighting
- Replace the Hwy 10 traffic signals at Second St W and Highway 71
Work east and west of Wadena
The two-lane rural sections of Hwy 10 between Bluffton and Birch Ave and County Rd 4 and Oink Joint Rd, will be resurfaced, and new left-turn lanes installed at the Hwy 10/CR 75 intersection, west of Wadena.
The project will provide a smoother road surface and improve accessibility and safety throughout the corridor.
- $8.8 million (estimated)
Schedule at a glance
|Final design plans, environmental testing, permits||In progress|
|Maintenance repair/ resurface||2017|
|Remove buildings, prepare other areas as needed||2018|
The project will require some road segments to close and detour to complete work on Hwy 10, Hwy 71 and W Second St. Access to businesses and residences to be maintained. More information to become available when known.
Schedule is tentative and subject to change