Reconstruct, improve access
Expect roadwork on both directions of Hwy 371 from south of Gull Lake Dam Rd. (Crow Wing Co. Rd. 125) to north of Green Gables Rd. (Co. Rd. 126) until Nov. 1, 2022.
- Motorists to encounter periodic lane or shoulder closures as crews prepare work areas. Watch for workers and equipment along Hwy 371 as they relocate utilities, clear trees, survey, test soil or inspect pipes.
- Weekends and holidays: Open to four lanes
- Weekdays: Lane closures
- Periodic lane closures at off-peak hours
- No shoulders, narrow lanes
- Reduced speeds and law enforcement on site
- Lanes shifts within work zone
- Overnight work begins week of June 26: Head-to-head traffic on one side as crews replace pipes below the north or southbound side. On good weather days, Sun-Thur nights, 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Access will be open to businesses, residents and visitors, however expect changes and use of alternate accesses:
- Hwy 371 will be open to BIR at Birchdale Rd. or Landmark Dr.
- Expect use of flaggers while crews work at side roads, entrances or frontage roads along Hwy 371
- Late summer: Hwy 371 access will close temporarily at Green Gables Rd. to replace a pipe (5-8 days). Detour to use Hartley Lake Rd. and Gull Lake Dam Rd. Detour map (PDF)
- September: Reconstruct BIR entrance at Birchdale Rd.