About this project
MnDOT will improve 13.5 miles of Highway 23 from Foley to Milaca in 2022. The project requires detours.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct one mile of Hwy 23 through Foley from Broadway Ave. to east of 13th Ave., includes city curb/gutter and storm sewer
- Construct a new roundabout at the intersection of 8th Ave./Penn St. and Hwy 23
- Install pedestrian multi-use trail (10 feet wide) along the northside of Hwy 23 from Broadway Ave. to east of 13th Ave.
- Install pedestrian sidewalk along the southside of Hwy 23 from Broadway Ave. to 8th Ave./Penn St.
- Replace underground drainage structures near 13th Ave.
- Add overhead street lighting
Foley to Milaca
Includes Ronneby, Oak Park and Foreston. Project work map, PDF
- Resurface 12.5 miles of road (mill and overlay asphalt) from east of 13th Ave. in Foley to 120th Ave./Rum River bridge in Milaca
- Realign/widen and add turn lanes to improve access at these Hwy 23 intersections:
- 135th Ave/Co. Rd. 66 east of Foley
- Ronneby Rd/Co. Rd. 6 in Ronneby
- 165th Ave/Co. Rd. 7 to 167-1/2th Ave. in Oak Park
- 185th Ave./Co. Rd. 9 east of Oak Park
- 150th to 145th Ave/Co. Rd. 18 in Foreston
- Co. Rd. 5/125th Ave west of Milaca
- Replace culverts/pipes beneath road
- Install mumble/rumble strips, upgrade guardrail