Reconstruct and improve Hwy 10 between Xenia Ave. and Lowell Ave. in Elk River. Expect delays, narrow lanes and reduced speeds.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct one mile of Hwy 10 road surface from Xenia Ave. to 4th St. NW
- Install dual left-turn lanes on eastbound Hwy 10 to Proctor Ave./Sherburne Co. Rd. 1
- Construct multi-use pedestrian trail along eastbound Hwy 10 from Simonet Dr. to Lowell Ave.
- Reconstruct segments of pedestrian sidewalks and ramp approaches; upgrade signal systems at Proctor Ave./Sherburne Co. Rd. 1 and Upland Ave.
Future traffic plans
Motorists: Periodic single-lane closures on both directions of Hwy 10. Plan for delays.
- Work will be done in stages. One direction will close and all lanes of traffic will shift onto the opposite side - two lanes westbound, one lane eastbound
- Expect narrow lanes with no shoulders and reduced speeds
Pedestrians: Walk closures with signed detours
Information is subject to change.