Hwy 10 work zone
Eastbound one lane of traffic 24/7
Expect reduced speeds, lane closures or lane shifts within the Highway 10 work zone from south of the Lake Orono bridge to Jackson Ave. in Elk River through early November.
- Eastbound one lane of traffic 24/7; plan your commute, especially on Sunday afternoon when recreational weekend travelers’ return home on eastbound. Seek alternate routes or travel at off-peak hours.
- Westbound open to two lanes of traffic; however expect periodic lane closures
- Lane width 11 feet
- Local access open and maintained, however expect changes and use of alternate access
- When crews work at Proctor Ave. or Upland Ave. One cross intersection will be open, one will close: Proctor Ave. or Upland Ave. Use side streets for alternate access.
- Pedestrians to also follow signed detours along Hwy 10 and cross at signalized intersections
Highway 10 is an active work zone. Be alert and expect changes. Watch for workers, slow moving equipment entering-and-exiting areas and expect sudden traffic stops. Stay out of closed or barricaded areas. Reduce stress, be prepared and give yourself extra commute time
Work in progress
- Reconstruct eastbound lanes and multi-use trail through early November
- Work off-road on utilities, signals, turf, etc. through early November