- Baxter Office
7694 Industrial Pk Rd
Baxter, MN 56425
- St. Cloud Office
3725 12th St N
St. Cloud, Mn 56303
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Public hearing on proposed MnDOT Highway 169 project set for Dec. 1 and 2
Copies of Environmental Assessment (EA), Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW)
and Draft Section 4(f) Evaluation now available to public
BAXTER, Minn. – The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites the public to attend an open house and public hearing for the proposed Highway 169 project between Elk River and Zimmerman.
Two meetings will be held in order for the public to learn about the proposed project, make comments and ask questions. The same content will be available at both meetings held on:
- Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2010, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Livonia Town Hall, located at 11162 265th Ave. in Zimmerman
- Thursday, Dec. 2, 2010, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Elk River City Hall, 13065 Orono Pkwy., in Elk River
The proposed project includes reconstruction of Highway 169 to a freeway between Highway 10 in Elk River and Highway 4 in Zimmerman, including redesign of the Highway 10/Highway 101/Highway 169 system interchange. The purpose of the project is to improve safety, mobility and operational issues. Currently, there is no funding in place for right of way acquisition or construction of the proposed project.
The EA/EAW process for this project is intended to allow for improvements, consistent with the proposed project to be implemented over time as funding becomes available. In the near term, the EA/EAW will be used to help in local land use and transportation planning decisions.
The EA/EAW documents the purpose and need of the project along with the anticipated social, economic and environmental impacts. Copies of the documents will be available for review during the public hearing and are also available for public viewing at the following locations:
- Project website: http://projects.dot.state.mn.us/srf/169elkriver/
- MnDOT District 3 offices, 7694 Industrial Park Rd., Baxter
- MnDOT District 3 offices, 3725 12th St. N, St. Cloud
- Elk River City Hall, 13065 Orono Pkwy., Elk River
- Zimmerman City Hall, 12980 Fremont Ave., Zimmerman
- Livonia Town Hall, 11162 265th Ave., Zimmerman
- Sherburne County Public Works, 425 Jackson Ave., Elk River
- Elk River Public Library, 13020 Orono Pkwy., Elk River
- Great River Regional Library, 1300 W St. Germain, St. Cloud
Written comments can be mailed, prior to the close of the public comment period on Dec. 20, 2010, to:
Individuals with a disability or who need reasonable accommodations to participate should contact Jim Hallgren at 218-828-5797 by Monday, Nov. 29. Hearing- or speech-impaired persons should contact the Minnesota Relay Service at 1-800-627-3529.