ST. CLOUD, Minn. -- Motorists will encounter lane restrictions beginning Monday, Oct. 18 while crews perform roadway surface improvements on several area roads.
Crews will be spot paving in the following locations:
- Highway 55 between Highway 4 and Stearns County Road 34 near Paynesville.
- Highway 71 at Interstate 94 on the south side of the overpass at Sauk Centre. Crews will be working in the southbound lanes.
- Highway 238 between Stearns County Road 53 and Stearns County Road 39 near Albany.
- Highway 238 between Stearns County Road 10 and Stearns County Road 28 near St. Anthony.
- Interstate 94 between 238 near Albany and Stearns County Road 9/Exit 153 near Avon.
This work may cause traffic delays in the areas where crews are working. Motorists may be directed through the work zone by flaggers.
Work is scheduled to be completed by Oct. 22, weather permitting.
During construction and road maintenance work, the Minnesota Department of Transportation urges drivers to:
- Check www.511mn.org or call 511 for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Watch for construction crew and equipment in the work zone.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Stay alert; expect the unexpected.