ST. CLOUD, Minn. - Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures and shifts and a short-term detour on Highway 95 between Davis Street and Isanti County Highway 2 beginning Monday, April 26, when a resurfacing project begins.
The project will require a two-week detour to allow turn lane and excavation at Isanti County Highway 2 on the east limits of the project. Motorists will follow a signed detour via Stark Road and Cedar Crest Trail.
Knife River Corporation of Sauk Rapids is the prime contractor for this $3.6 million road and accessibility improvement project. The project is scheduled to be completed by the end of August, weather permitting.
During construction and road maintenance work, MnDOT urges drivers to:
- Check 511 www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don't use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don't eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Go to Top