BAXTER, Minn. - Motorists will encounter intermittent lane closures on Highway 84 in Pine River between Highway 371 and Cass County Highway 2 beginning Monday, April 26, when a resurfacing project begins.
Tri-City Paving of Little Falls is the prime contractor for the $310,000 road and accessibility improvements project. The project is scheduled to be completed by the end of May, weather permitting.
Due to favorable weather conditions, the contractor is able to start the project ahead of schedule.
During construction and road maintenance work, MnDOT urges drivers to:
Check 511 www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don't use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don't eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
Go to Top