ST. CLOUD, Minn. - Motorists will encounter intermittent left lane closures on Interstate 94 between Stearns County Road 186 to just west of Stearns County Road 157 beginning Monday, April 19, when a 17-mile median guard rail installation project begins.
Motorists should be prepared to slow down for daytime shoulder/lane closures in the areas where crews are working.
H & R Construction Company, is the prime contractor for the $1.8 million safety improvement project. The project is scheduled to be completed by the end of July, weather permitting.
During construction and road maintenance work, MnDOT urges drivers to:
Check 511 www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert, expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don't use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don't eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
For updated information, call 511 or visit www.511mn.org.
Work Zones. Pay Attention or Pay the Price.
Go to Top