MnDOT advises no travel on several roads in Stearns and Wright Counties
ST CLOUD, Minn. (7:05 p.m.) – The Minnesota Department of Transportation is advising no travel in portions of Stearns County and Wright County Minnesota due to blizzard conditions and limited visibility. The no travel advised applies to the following highways:
- Highway 55 from Kimball, eastward through all of Wright County;
- Highway 25 from Buffalo, southward through Wright County;
- Highway 12 from Cokato eastward.
All roads in Wright County and most areas of south Central Minnesota are completely covered with snow, compacted snow or ice. Snow and blowing snow is creating sporadic whiteout conditions, which are most prevalent in open areas, but are also occurring other areas.
The blizzard conditions are forecast to continue through Saturday night and most of Sunday. Motorists should postpone all unnecessary travel until conditions improve.
Check www.511mn.org for a listing of all no travel advised areas and current road conditions.
Winter road conditions from plow cameras may be viewed through the 511mn.org website. Please note that not all plows have cameras.
MnDOT would like to remind motorists to:
- Check road conditions at www.511mn.org or call 511; it takes time to get roads back to good driving conditions.
- Be patient and remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip.
- Stay alert for snowplows which travel slowly, and turn or exit frequently with little warning. They may also travel over centerlines or partially in traffic to further improve road conditions.
- Slow down and use your head lights. Snowplows typically move at slower speeds.
For updated information on road conditions, visit www.511mn.org or call 511.
# # #