Main Street South at Hwy 65 in Cambridge remains closed until Oct. 13
Recent rains have delayed work on the project a few days
ST CLOUD, Minn. – Motorists who use the Main Street South/Highway 65 intersection in Cambridge will encounter delays and a detour as the intersection remains closed until Friday afternoon, Oct. 13.
A signed detour will direct motorists to the Highway 65/Highway 95 interchange, located north of the Main Street South/Highway 65 intersection.
The Highway 65/County Road 43/313th Avenue NE intersection, located on the east side of Highway 65, across from the Main Street South/Highway 65 intersection, is open permanently.
Motorists should plan for the following traffic impacts on Highway 65 near Cambridge:
- Highway 65 between 305th Avenue and 357th Avenue will remain a single lane in each direction, with two-way, head-to-head traffic on the future northbound lanes while crews complete the future southbound side of the road. The posted speed limit on Highway 65 between 305th Avenue and 357th Avenue is reduced to 55 miles per hour.
- The Main Street South/Highway 65 intersection will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 28 through Friday, Oct. 13; the schedule is weather dependent. Get maps.
- The Highway 65/Palisade Drive intersection will remain closed through early-November.
- The Highway 65/County Road 43/313th Avenue NE intersection has opened permanently.
- All lanes of Highway 65 are scheduled to open by early November 2017.
- Crews will resurface Highway 65 south of 305th Avenue to the Isanti County line beginning in spring 2018. Information on the required lane closures will be issued when details become available.
Motorists who travel Highway 65 through Cambridge should plan their travel, expect additional travel time during peak travel times, and watch for construction crews, heavy equipment and slow or stopped or traffic.
The work and lane closures are part of 2017-2018 project to improve Highway 65 between Cambridge and the Isanti/Anoka county line, located south of Isanti, near Bethel. The project will resurface the roadway, extend turn lanes, repair or replace drainage infrastructure, resurface the Highway 65/Highway 95 interchange ramps in Cambridge, make intersection improvements, upgrade signal systems and improve pedestrian accessibility along the corridor.
When complete in 2018, the project will improve the ride, drainage and safety along 14 miles of Highway 65.
Stay informed about the Highway 65 project
To get future project updates, including advance notification of traffic changes, sent directly to your inbox, visit the project’s website at www.mndot.gov/d3/h65isanti, then click “Email updates” in the right-hand column.
To receive updates on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, check www.511mn.org.