New Hwy 371/Patriot Avenue access in south Pequot Lakes now open
BAXTER, Minn. – Residents, visitors and motorists in Pequot Lakes can now access Patriot Avenue/old Highway 371 from the south using the new Highway 371/Patriot Avenue reduced conflict intersection.
The new intersection is one of three new ways motorists will find access to Pequot Lakes businesses, parks, residences and other locations after crews complete the new, four-lane Highway 371 project.
The other two access points include the new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange, which opened earlier this year, and the future Highway 371/County Road 112 reduced conflict intersection in north Pequot Lakes, which will fully open later in 2017.
Also, motorists are reminded that Highway 371 between Nisswa and south Pequot Lakes will remain two lanes until further notice.
The new interchange and two new RCIs in Pequot Lakes are part of the new, four-lane Highway 371 project in Nisswa, Pequot Lakes and Jenkins. When the project is complete in fall 2017, motorists will see:
- Highway 371 expanded to four lanes between Nisswa and Jenkins
- A new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange that provides safe and easy access to Pequot Lakes
- A new, safer access to the Highway 371 frontage road in Jenkins
- A new box culvert bridge spanning Cullen Brook
- A realigned and improved Paul Bunyan Trail
- Improvements to the local road systems in Pequot Lakes and Jenkins, including the two RCIs in Pequot Lakes.
Stay connected, get maps, sign up for email updates
To get more project information, view or print the latest project map, view project photos or sign up for the project’s email updates, visit www.mndot.gov/d3/hwy371/. For information on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.