Crow Wing County Road 107 closes at Hwy 371 in Pequot Lakes; new detour route begins Sept. 30
BAXTER, Minn. — Motorists who travel Crow Wing County Road 107 in Pequot Lakes will encounter delays as the road closes at the northern Highway 371/County Road 107 junction after 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 30.
The northern Highway 371/County Road 107 intersection will open by November 2016.
A signed detour will direct motorists about two miles south to the Highway 371/County Road 107/Wilderness Road intersection. Get map.
The closure is needed while crews construct the future Highway 371/County Road 107 Reduced Conflict Intersection (RCI). The new RCI will reduce the risk of severe right-angle crashes, also known as T-bone crashes, at the future four-lane Highway 371/County Road 107 intersection.
The closure and Reduced Conflict Intersection are part of the Highway 371 four-lane expansion project in Nisswa, Pequot Lakes and Jenkins. When complete in 2017, the project will:
- Expand Highway 371 to four lanes between Nisswa and Jenkins
- Construct a new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange that provides safe and easy access to Pequot Lakes
- Construct a new box culvert bridge spanning Cullen Brook
- Realign and improve the Paul Bunyan Trail
- Make improvements to the local road systems in Pequot Lakes and Jenkins
Stay connected with the project
- For more project information, sign up for this project’s email updates or visit www.mndot.gov/d3/hwy371/.
- To connect on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #