Update - Hwy 25 detour, lane closures in Buffalo
Highway 55 at Highway 25 reduced to single lane 24/7
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Motorists who travel Highway 25 and Highway 55 in Buffalo should expect delays as road construction continues in Buffalo on June 13.
Motorists should plan for the following:
- Beginning Thursday, June 23 after 10 a.m., one-half mile of Highway 55 at Highway 25 will be reduced to a single lane in each direction 24 hours a day until further notice.
- Highway 25 between Highway 55 and 14th Street N will close until further notice. Motorists should follow the signed detour along Highway 55, County Road 12 and County Road 138.
- Highway 25 between Third Street N and 8th St N will remain closed until further notice. New signed detours will direct motorists along County Road 35, County Road 12 and County Road 138; or County Road 35, County Road 12 and Highway 55.
- More information on future traffic changes will be issued as details become available.
Access to local businesses and residences will be maintained throughout the closures. Motorists should plan their travel, follow the signed detour or plan their own alternate routes.
The closures and detours are needed as part of a multi-year, multi-project cooperative plan between the city of Buffalo and MnDOT to improve mobility, safety and infrastructure in Buffalo and Wright County. When complete in fall 2016, the projects will:
- Reconstruct Highway 25 between First Street S and Catlin Street
- Expand Highway 25 to four lanes between Highway 55 and 15th Street
- Reconstruct and reconfigure the Highway 25/Highway 55 intersection
- Upgrade signals and lighting on Highway 25 and Highway 55
- Replace the existing Highway 25/Eighth Street NW intersection with a roundabout
- Improve underground utilities while roads are closed for construction
- Improve pedestrian accessibility along Highway 25 from downtown Buffalo to John Ause Memorial Drive
- Add turn lanes at the Highway 55/Wright County Road 14 intersection, south of Buffalo
To sign up for project email updates, including notice of future traffic changes in Buffalo, or to download detour maps and get more project details, visit www.mndot.gov/d3/buffalo.
# # #