Hwy 25 in Buffalo closes as first of three major road projects begin April 11
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Motorists on Highway 25 in Buffalo will encounter delays as the road closes between Third Street North and just south of the railroad crossing south of Highway 55 at 9 a.m. Monday, April 11.
A signed detour will direct motorists along Highway 55 and First Street South.
Access to local businesses and residences will be maintained throughout the closure. Motorists should plan their travel in advance, follow the signed detour or plan their own alternate routes.
The closure and detour are the first in a series of traffic changes needed while crews reconstruct or improve segments of Highway 25 and Highway 55 in Buffalo in 2016. More information on future traffic changes will be issued as details become available.
When complete, the 2016 projects will:
- Reconstruct Highway 25 between First Street S and Catlin Street
- Expand Highway 25 to four lanes between Highway 55 and 15th Street
- Reconstruct and reconfigure the Highway 25/Highway 55 intersection
- Upgrade signals and lighting on Highway 25 and Highway 55
- Replace the existing Highway 25/Eighth Street NW intersection with a roundabout
- Improve underground utilities while roads are closed for construction
- Improve pedestrian accessibility along Highway 25 from downtown Buffalo to John Ause Memorial Drive
- Add turn lanes at the Highway 55/Wright County Road 14 intersection, south of Buffalo
The projects are part of a multi-year, multi-project cooperative plan between the city of Buffalo and MnDOT to improve mobility, safety and infrastructure in the city of Buffalo and Wright County.
To receive project email updates including notice of future traffic changes in Buffalo, or to download detour maps and get more project details, visit www.mndot.gov/d3/buffalo.
For information on this and other MnDOT projects in Wright County and Central Minnesota, follow on Twitter @MnDOTCentral.
# # #