Lane closures on Hwy 371 at CR 18 in Nisswa May 2-6
BAXTER, Minn. – Motorists on Highway 371 near County Road 18 in Nisswa should watch for heavy equipment and construction crews as the road is reduced to a single lane for up to three days the week of Monday, May 2 through Friday, May 6.
The closures are needed while crews construct temporary crossover lanes that will be used to switch Highway 371 traffic later this year.
No major delays are expected, but multiple work zones will occur daily on Highway 371 between Nisswa and Jenkins. Motorists approaching the daily work zones should slow down, move over to give crews room to work and be prepared stop if necessary.
The closures and work are part of the Highway 371 four-lane expansion project in Nisswa, Pequot Lakes and Jenkins. When complete in 2017, the project will:
- Expand Highway 371 to four lanes between Nisswa and Jenkins
- Construct a new Highway 371/County Road 11 interchange that provides safe and easy access to Pequot Lakes
- Construct a new box culvert bridge spanning Cullen Brook
- Realign and improve the Paul Bunyan Trail
- Make improvements to the local road systems in Pequot Lakes and Jenkins
Stay connected with the project
- For more project information or to sign up for this project’s email updates, visit www.mndot.gov/d3/hwy371/.
- To connect on Twitter, follow @MnDOTCentral.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #