- JP Gillach
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Interstate 94 Clearwater to St. Cloud — all lanes and ramps open for Memorial Day holiday
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Motorists travelling Interstate 94 from Clearwater to St. Cloud will find all lanes and ramps open throughout the extended Memorial Day holiday weekend.
All lanes and ramps were opened at 9 p.m. Thursday, May 23 and will remain open through 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 28. At 9 a.m.
Tuesday, May 28, I-94 from Clearwater and St. Cloud will again be reduced to a single lane in each direction. Traffic will be switched to two-way traffic and a 60 m.p.h. posted speed on the new eastbound lanes while crews construct new westbound lanes.
The lane closures are part of the I-94 Clearwater to St. Cloud resurfacing project. More information on the project can be found at www.dot.state.mn.us/d3/i94/.
Drivers should slow down and prepare to stop as they navigate work zones that must remain in place over the Memorial Day holiday. Two work zones with reduced speed limits, lane shifts and narrowed lanes remain in place in central Minnesota:
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota, visit 511mn.org.
MnDOT reminds motorists to follow these guidelines when entering and driving through work zones:
- Stay alert, especially at night.
- Obey posted speed limits. Fines may double for violations in work zones.
- Expect work zones to constantly change. Day to day, you could experience lane shifts, closures or moving workers and vehicles.
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.
- Don’t make unnecessary lane changes.
- Stay off cell phones and mobile devices.
- Be patient. Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Move over one lane, if possible, or reduce speed for stopped emergency or maintenance vehicles, including ambulance, fire, law enforcement or maintenance and construction vehicles.