- JP Gillach
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Major project and lane closures underway on I-94
24/7, single-lane, head-to-head traffic begins in April
Major delays expected; motorists should plan travel
- Traffic forecasts show initial backups of five to seven miles, with summertime backups of 20 miles or more possible during peak travel periods. The longest backups are expected on westbound I-94 on Friday afternoons and evenings, and on eastbound I-94 on Friday afternoons and Sundays after 11 a.m. More details can be found on the project website.
- Motorists should plan routes, allow extra time for travel and check www.511mn.org for real-time traffic information prior to travel.
- Drivers are advised to use the “zipper merge” when traffic backs up in the work zone, be prepared to stop, and to navigate the work zone with caution whenever flashing lights, workers and orange cones or barrels are present.
- For detailed project information, including current schedule, travel information and tips on navigating during construction, visit the project’s website: www.mndot.gov/d3/i94/.
- To receive important project information including traffic and construction updates, subscribe to the project’s email updates.
When complete, the project will result in a smoother ride, improved drainage and reduced short-term maintenance costs on 7.5 miles of busy interstate.