- Judy Jacobs
- Baxter Office
7694 Industrial Park Rd
Baxter, MN 56425
- St. Cloud Office
3725 12th Street North
St. Cloud, Mn 56303
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Hwy 23 expansion project from east of St. Cloud to Foley begins July 27
ST. CLOUD, Minn. — Motorists may encounter intermittent access and lane closures on Highway 23 from Highway 95 east of St. Cloud to Highway 25 in Foley beginning Wednesday, July 27.
The four-lane expansion will take two years to complete and will improve safety, access and mobility on Highway 23. In 2011, crews will construct two new lanes. In 2012, they will reconstruct the existing two lanes.
During the project, crews will complete the following:
- Construct four lanes of new roadway, including turn lanes
- Construct a bridge over the Elk River
- Realign all intersecting roadways, including 65th Avenue, Benton County Road 25, 85th Avenue/Benton County Road 83, Benton County Road 61, Benton County Road 62 and Benton County Road 4.
Additional work in Foley includes:
- Upgrade the traffic signal and add turn lanes at the Highway 23/Highway 25 intersection
- Build a storm water pond just northeast of the Highway23/Highway 25 intersection
- Reconstruct the Glen/Sheridan frontage road in the Industrial Park
- Install city curbs, gutters, storm/sanitary sewers, water mains and other utilities
- Resurface the two-lane section of Highway 23 from Highway 25 to the east limits of Foley.
During the 2012 construction season, motorists traveling on Highway 23 will be detoured via Highway 95 and Highway 25.
Hoffman Construction Company of Black River Falls, Wis., is the prime contractor for the project.
During construction and road maintenance work, the Minnesota Department of Transportation urges drivers to:
- Check www.511mn.org or call 511 for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert; expect the unexpected.
- Never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.