- Judy Jacobs
- Baxter Office
7694 Industrial Park Rd
Baxter, MN 56425
- St. Cloud Office
3725 12th Street North
St. Cloud, Mn 56303
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Guardrail work on I-94 from West Union to Albertville begins May 9
ST. CLOUD, Minn. — Motorists will encounter intermittent left lane closures on I-94 in Todd, Stearns and Wright counties beginning Monday, May 9, as crews upgrade the guardrail end treatments between West Union and Albertville.
Work will be conducted on county and township roads only; no work will be done on I-94. Interstate traffic will not be impacted by the work. Traffic will be directed by flaggers. Motorists should be prepared to slow down for daytime shoulder and lane closures in the areas where crews are working.
Mattison Contractors, Inc. is the prime contractor for the $360,000 safety improvement project. The project is scheduled to be completed by early June, weather permitting.
During construction and road maintenance work, MnDOT urges drivers to:
Check www.511mn.org for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert. Expect the unexpected.
- Be especially alert at night when driving through work zones.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Minimize distractions.
- Don’t use cell phones while driving.
- Remember text messaging while driving is illegal.
- Don’t eat or drink while driving.
- Avoid tailgating. Keep plenty of space between you and the vehicle ahead.
- Follow posted speed limits; fines double in work zones.
- Be patient.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.