- Judy Jacobs
- Baxter Office
7694 Industrial Park Rd
Baxter, MN 56425
- St. Cloud Office
3725 12th Street North
St. Cloud, Mn 56303
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Hwy 25 project east of Monticello begins June 6
Traffic will be detoured
BAXTER, Minn. —Motorists will encounter county road closures and intermittent lane closures on Hwy 25 east of Monticello when a safety, access and mobility improvement project begins Monday, June 6.
The project includes widening intersections, installing dual left turn lanes at the Sherburne County Road 11/14 intersection and installing a single left turn lane at Sherburne County Road 17/200th Street.
Access closures with detours:
- Sherburne County Road 17 will be closed to through traffic during the first stage of the project, and traffic will be detoured via Hwy 10 and Sherburne County Road 11.
- Sherburne County Road 11/14 will be closed to through traffic during the second stage of the project, and traffic will be detoured via Hwy 25, County Road 17 and 196th Street.
Knife River Corporation is the prime contractor for the project, which is scheduled to be complete by early September, weather permitting.
During construction and road maintenance work, MnDOT urges drivers to:
- Check www.511mn.org or call 511 for up-to-date information about traffic and road conditions.
- Stay alert; expect the unexpected.
- Never enter a road that has been blocked with barriers or cones.
- Plan ahead and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.