- JP Gillach
- Baxter Office
7694 Industrial Park Rd
Baxter, MN 56425
- St. Cloud Office
3725 12th Street North
St. Cloud, Mn 56303
|News Release Search|
|Search Statewide News|
Historic Garrison Concourse dedication set for Nov. 22
|What:||Celebrate the re-opening of the Garrison Concourse at a flag raising ceremony|
|Who:||Minnesota Department of Transportation, Crow Wing County and Garrison city officials|
|When:||Tuesday, Nov. 22, at 10 a.m.|
|Where:||At the newly restored Garrison Concourse Overlook Wall on Highway 169
on the northwest shore of Mille Lacs Lake
Historic rehabilitation of the Garrison Concourse Overlook Wall began in May 2011 following a fall 2010 salvage operation which retrieved rock from the wall that had fallen into Mille Lacs Lake over the years. Historic masonry specialists restored the wall using the salvaged rock as well as a small number of new granite stones matching what was used when the concourse was originally constructed in 1936 by the Civilian Conservation Corps.
The project received a combination of state and federal funding, including money from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
In May 2010, the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota listed the Garrison Concourse as one of the state’s 10 Most Endangered Historic Places. It was also designated one of the 10 Most Endangered Roadside Places by the Society for Commercial Archeology, which also includes sites along Route 66.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter or other reasonable accommodation, call Janet Miller at 651-366-4720 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota); 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay). You may also send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please request at least one week in advance.