- Luke Wehseler
- Mark Melby
- Hwy 371 and CR 18
($5 million 2013)
Work operations suspended for winter
- Road reconstruction complete - all lanes are open and the new signal at CR 18 is operational
- Crews will return in 2014 to wrap-up the project which includes landscaping
About this project
In July 2012, the Minnesota Department of Transportation, in partnership with Crow Wing County and the city of Nisswa, began to construct a $7.6 million improvement project.
In fall 2012, the newly constructed Crow Wing County Road 18 connection to northeast Nisswa, which included a roundabout at Smiley Road, opened to traffic.
Work completed in 2013:
- Four lanes of Hwy 371, including turn lanes and accessess
- New signalized intersection at Highway 371/County Road 18, one-quarter mile south of its old location
- Pedestrian tunnel under Hwy 371
- Reconstruction of Smiley Rd - new curbs, gutters, sidewalks, storm and sanitary sewers
- Permanent overhead lighting at the roundabout
Project to be completed spring 2014.