- Luke Wehseler
- Mark Melby
- Hwy 371 and CR 18
- May 13 - Nov 1
($5 million 2013)
Construction operations, lane shifts and closures begin Monday, May 13 (Updated May 10, 2013)
- One lane in each direction
- Temp traffic signal at Nisswa Avenue for full access to-and-from the city of Nisswa
- Slow down--work zone is 45 mph
- Obey all road signs
- Be alert for sudden stops, heavy moving equipment and workers
Local roads and accesses
- Periodic road and lane closures, short signed detours or flaggers will direct traffic
Access to businesses will remain open!
About this project
In July 2012, the Minnesota Department of Transportation, in partnership with Crow Wing County and the city of Nisswa, began to construct a $7.6 million improvement project.
In fall 2012, the newly constructed Crow Wing County Road 18 connection to northeast Nisswa, which included a roundabout at Smiley Road, opened to traffic.
In 2013 crews will:
- Reconstruct four lanes of Hwy 371, including turn lanes and accessess
- Relocate the signalized intersection at Highway 371/County Road 18 one-quarter mile south of its current location
- Install a pedestrian tunnel
- Reconstruct Smiley Rd
- Install curbs, gutters, sidewalks, storm and sanitary sewers, and other utilities
- Install permanent overhead lighting at the roundabout
Project to be completed by Nov. 1, 2013.