Nisswa, Pequot Lakes, Jenkins
Area roads are busy, drive with care this holiday weekend
Schools let out, snow birds return, cabins and shops reopen, and the fishing season is here—recreational traffic volumes rise greatly this time of year on Hwy 371. Besides big construction trucks...Be prepared for slow moving vehicles hauling boats, campers and trailers. Watch for sudden stops or turning vehicles in front of you. Orange cones. No phones. For statewide traffic impacts, visit 511mn.org
Open to two-way traffic with shoulder closures
- CURRENT map through early-June
- Future project map begins June 5, weather permitting: New four-lane segment opens between CR 16 in Jenkins and CR 168/107 in Pequot Lakes
- Latest project update
- Nisswa Avenue - Right turns only onto Hwy 371. Use Smiley Road to signal at CR 18 for southbound Hwy 371 access
- Cullen Brook water channel in Nisswa - Closed to boat traffic to install culverts. Please stay out of closed work areas.
- Nisswa at Edna Lake Rd - Access open, crews working on new connection, pay attention to changes/signs in area
- Pequot Lakes at County Rd 107/168 and County Rd 112 - Access open through future Hwy 371 intersections in Pequot Lakes, follow signs
- Pequot Lakes at County Rd 11 open - Slow down when navigating through roundabouts at future interchange.
- Jenkins at County Rd 16 - Access closed at Hwy 371/Myers Rd in Jenkins until June 5, follow detour signs.
Paul Bunyan Trail
- Open to trail users
- New trail bridges open in Pequot Lakes and Nisswa
- Please stay on trail
- Check the DNR website for current trail conditions.