Stay back, stay alive
Winter season is here. Drive according to the road conditions and please stay back and give our plow operators room to work, as they make the road safer for you.
Current traffic configuration map
- Access to Hwy 371 from Smiley Road in downtown Nisswa
- Southbound Hwy 371 – Use the signal at County Road 18. Access to southbound Hwy 371 from east Nisswa Avenue is permanently closed
- Northbound Hwy 371 – Use Nisswa Avenue
- Edna Lake Rd access open, crews working on new road connection, pay attention to changes/signs in area
- CR 107 and CR 112 access open through future Hwy 371 intersections in Pequot Lakes, follow signs
- CR 11 open in Pequot Lakes. Slow down when navigating through the partially opened roundabouts at the future interchange - speed limit is 30 mph
- Temporary signal and access open at Hwy 371, Myers Rd, CR 16 intersection in Jenkins
Paul Bunyan Trail
- Open to trail users
- New trail bridges open in Pequot Lakes and Nisswa
- Please stay on trail
- Check the DNR website for current trail conditions.
Lakes Area is Open for Business
Summary of work
will be expanded from two lanes to four lanes from Nisswa to Jenkins, includes Pequot Lakes (nine miles) in 2016-2017.
Construct four lanes of roadway, improve accesses and install a new Cullen Brook bridge (box culvert) in north Nisswa
Construct a new four-lane Pequot Lakes realignment with easy access points to city roads and businesses
- New CR 11 interchange with roundabouts
- New road connections at CR 168/107 and CR 112 use safer Reduced Conflict Intersections (RCI)
- Realigned Paul Bunyan Trail, includes new bridge over Hwy 371 in south Pequot Lakes
Construct four lanes of roadway, safer connections, new signalized intersection at CR 16/Meyers Rd, and realign the Paul Bunyan Trail
Paul Bunyan Trail
Realign the Paul Bunyan Trail between Nisswa and Pequot Lakes and in Jenkins. Install a new trail bridge over Hwy 371 in Pequot Lakes. Check the DNR website for current trail conditions.
|Construct new roadway, interchange, trail segments and trail bridges
||April 2016 - Fall 2016
|Reconstruct old roadway and connect with new roadway, complete trail connections
||April 2017 - Fall 2017
Web pg: J Seelen