Hwy 24 Clearwater to Clear Lake
Work begins in late April
Crews will resurface (mill and overlay) and improve Highway 24 from south of I-94 in Clearwater to Highway 10 in Clear Lake, includes shoulders and turn lanes; repair storm drainage; reconstruct pedestrian sidewalks and approaches in Clear Lake between Clark St and Hwy 10; widen the turn-radius at the State Street/Hwy 24 intersection in Clear Lake, and upgrade the signals systems at:
- I-94 interchange ramps (Exit 178) in Clearwater
- County Rd 75 in Clearwater
- County Rd 8 (River Rd SE) in Clear Lake township
When complete in late August, the project will result in a smoother ride, extend the life of the roadway, and improve traffic flow, safety and accessibility.
$1.8 million, Knife River
- Road resurfacing: Night work, expect shoulder closures/narrow lanes; no parking along Hwy 24 in Clear Lake.
- Pedestrian sidewalks: Day work, expect sidewalk closures in Clear Lake (only one side of roadway at a time)
- Access to businesses and residencies to be maintained, follow directional signing
- Rob Abfalter, Construction Project Manager, 320-223-6617
Hwy 24 Mississippi River Bridge
Work: Reconstruct the Highway 24 Mississippi River bridge in Clearwater.
Status: New Highway 24 Mississippi River crossing bridge opened to traffic in August 2017. Crews will complete any remaining work by June 2018. In fall 2018, a separate landscaping project will be done on the southwest side. Project photos
Construct: August 2015 to late June 2018
Cost: $17.4 million, Lunda Construction
Traffic impacts: Periodic lane closures.
Contact: Kirk Allen, Construction Project Manager, 218-828-5739