- Stearns CR 120 in
St. Cloud, Sartell
- Construct new diverging diamond interchange
- $10 million (total)
- $6.5 million (2013)
- July 2012-Nov 2013
- Increased safety
- CR 120/southbound Hwy 15 ramps open
- West CR 120 access use temp signal at 23rd St S/Hwy 15 and 50th Ave N, or use ramp from southbound Hwy 15 to westbound CR 120
- East CR 120 access use CR 1
- Intermittent non-rush hour lane closures on Hwy 15
- Permit restrictions in effect —12 feet wide
*Schedule is tentative; weather permitting
- Heaviest congestion on northbound Hwy 15 is expected 6:30 to 8 a.m. and 3 to 6:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Heaviest congestion on southbound Hwy 15 is expected 6:30 to 8 a.m. Monday - Friday
About this project
Construction on the new interchange began in July 2012, and is to be opened to traffic in November 2013.
The project is being constructed by the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT), in partnership with Stearns County and the cities of Sartell and St. Cloud.
The area around this intersection has been rapidly developed over the years. New healthcare facilities and retail businesses have increased the amount of traffic, which warranted the development of this project.