A two-year road resurfacing project on Highway 65 from north of Cambridge to south of Isanti is scheduled to begin mid July 2017.
Summary of work
- Resurface both directions of Hwy 65, includes shoulders (14.5 miles)
- Extend most turn lanes
- Repair or replace drainage
- Resurface ramps at Hwy 65/Hwy 95 interchange in Cambridge
- Make intersection improvements and upgrade signal systems, includes pedestrian accessibility, at
- Hwy 65 and Main St/313th Ave NE/CR 43 in Edgewood
- Hwy 65 and CR 5/Heritage Blvd NE in Isanti
Plan for delays
Both directions of Hwy 65 to be reduced to a single-lane of traffic through work areas beginning mid July 2017.
Expect reduced speeds, lane shifts, use of temporary lanes, traffic barrels and cones. Motorists may want to plan ahead and seek alternative routes.
Some work will require access closures with signed detours. More details to be posted once available.
Today on Hwy 65
- For current road conditions, check 511mn.org