Begins July 5
A two-year road resurfacing project on Highway 65 from north of Cambridge to south of Isanti is set to begin Wednesday, July 5, 2017. Schedule at a glance
Motorists may encounter non-rush hour lane closures through July as crews construct temporary crossovers and prepare the work zone.
Summary of work
- Resurface both directions of Hwy 65, includes shoulders (14.5 miles)
- Extend most turn lanes
- Repair or replace drainage
- Resurface ramps at Hwy 65/Hwy 95 interchange in Cambridge
- Make intersection improvements and upgrade signal systems, includes pedestrian accessibility, at
- Hwy 65 and Main St/313th Ave NE/CR 43 in Edgewood
- Hwy 65 and CR 5/Heritage Blvd NE in Isanti
Plan for delays
Both directions of Hwy 65 to be reduced to a single-lane of traffic in the Cambridge/Edgewood area in 2017, and Isanti area in 2018.
Expect reduced speeds, lane shifts, use of temporary lanes, traffic barrels and cones. Motorists may want to plan ahead and seek alternative routes.
Some work will require access closures with signed detours. More details to be posted once available.
|Hwy 65||Dates||Traffic Impact||Work|
|Cambridge/Edgewood - 357th Ave NE to CR 19/305th Ave||July 5 to late July, 2017||Periodic non-rush hour lane closures on both directions||Prep work area, construct temp crossovers|
|Cambridge/Edgewood - 357th Ave NE to CR 19/305th Ave||Late July to mid-Sept, 2017||Single lane head-to head traffic on southbound||Resurface northbound|
|Cambridge/Edgewood - 357th Ave NE to CR 19/305th Ave||Mid Sept to Nov. 1, 2017||Single lane head-to-head traffic on northbound||Resurface southbound|
|Work operations suspend for 2017-2018 winter season|
|Edgewood to south of Isanti - CR 19 to 245th Ave NE at the Anoka/Isanti county line||April-June 1, 2018||Segments of single lane traffic on both directions||Resurface northbound and southbound|
Information tentative and subject to change.
Today on Hwy 65
- For current road conditions, check 511mn.org