Both directions of Highway 10 on narrow lanes with no shoulders to reconstruct between Xenia Avenue and Waco St/185th Ave in Elk River. Expect reduced speeds of 45 mph. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300. Current map; Schedule
- Eastbound: Reduced to a single-lane of traffic. Plan for delays during travel peaks hours, including Sunday afternoon into early evening when weekend commuters return home.
- Westbound: Open to two lanes with periodic single-lane closures
- For current travel speeds and road conditions, check 511mn.org
Motorists may encounter periodic access closures, follow signs. Access to businesses and residences to be maintained and open.
Hwy 10/Joplin St/185th Ave intersection through October
- Joplin St access closed at Hwy 10/185th Ave. Use alternate access at Waco St/185th Ave.
- 185th Ave access right in/out turns only at Hwy 10/Joplin St. Use alternate access at Waco St/185th Ave.
Work operations and lane closures will suspend over the 2017-2018 winter season.
Schedule is tentative and subject to change
Lake Orono waterway
Open. Watch for posted signs and obey channel navigation buoys in water at the bridge. During construction, there’s a chance it’ll be too narrow for some boats to pass due to the current bridge having one pier, and the new bridge having two piers.
Elk River is Open for Business
Access to local businesses and residences to be maintained and open, follow directional signs.
Information is tentative and subject to change