Reconstruct the Highway 10 bridge over Lake Orono in Elk River with a new and improved structure in 2017-2018.
March 2017 - Motorists may encounter periodic lane or shoulder closures as crews clear trees along the roadway in preparation for the upcoming construction season, which is scheduled to begin in mid-July 2017. Tree clearing to be complete by end of March. News release (Feb. 14, 2016)
Motorists may also notice utility or survey crews working in the area. Pay attention and drive with caution through the area.
NEW: Sign-up for project email updates!
Summary of work
- Replace the Hwy 10 bridge over Lake Orono
- Reconstruct the Hwy 10 road surface from Joplin St to Xenia Ave
- Install a pedestrian trail to connect from Orono Park to across the bridge at Simonet Dr NW
Highway 10 to remain open to traffic through the work zone during construction. Overall tentative plan:
- Eastbound Hwy 10 to be reduced to a single lane
- Westbound Hwy 10 to be open to two lanes with periodic single lane closures at off peak times
- $12.1 million (estimated)
Information is tentative and subject to change