Both directions of Highway 10 on narrow lanes with no shoulders to reconstruct between Xenia Avenue and Waco St/185th Ave in Elk River. Expect reduced speeds of 45 mph. Fine for a violation in a work zone is $300. Current map
- Eastbound: Reduced to a single-lane of traffic. Plan for delays during travel peaks hours, including Sunday afternoon into early evening when weekend commuters return home.
- Westbound: Open to two lanes with periodic single-lane closures
- For current travel speeds and road conditions, check 511mn.org
Motorists may encounter periodic access closures, follow signs. Access to businesses and residences to be maintained and open. Scheduled access closures:
Joplin St/185th Ave
- Until Oct. 2: 185th Ave access closed at Hwy 10/Joplin St. Use alternate access at Waco St/185th Ave.
- Oct. 2-30: Joplin St access closed at Hwy 10/185th Ave. Use alternate access at Waco St/185th Ave.
Work operations and lane closures will suspend over the 2017-2018 winter season.
|Hwy 10 Elk River||Dates||Traffic Impact||Work|
|Lake Orono Bridge to east of Waco St/185th Ave NW||July 24 to Aug. 30, 2017||COMPLETE: Reconstruct eastbound|
|Lake Orono Bridge to east of Waco St/185th Ave NW||Aug. 30 to mid-Oct 2017||
All lanes of traffic on eastbound side - EB one lane, WB two lanes Map
|IN PROGRESS: Reconstruct westbound|
|Xenia Ave NW to east of Waco St/185th Ave NW||Oct. 2 to Oct 31, 2017||
W of Lake Orono Bridge to Waco St: EB one lane on new EB side, WB two lanes on new WB side
E of Lake Orono Bridge to Xenia Ave:
Lane closures on both directions
|Complete 2017 work and remove temp lanes; construct 2018 temp crossovers; prepare bridge site; relocate utilities|
|Work operations suspend for 2017-2018 winter season|
|East of Joplin St/185th Ave NW to Xenia Ave NW||April to Oct, 2018||
All lanes of traffic on either side of roadway - EB one lane, WB two lanes
Reconstruct lanes, bridge
Schedule is tentative and subject to change
Lake Orono waterway
Open. Watch for posted signs and obey channel navigation buoys in water at the bridge. During construction, there’s a chance it’ll be too narrow for some boats to pass due to the current bridge having one pier, and the new bridge having two piers.
Elk River is Open for Business
Access to local businesses and residences to be maintained and open, follow directional signs.
Information is tentative and subject to change