Both directions of Highway 10 to be shifted onto the westbound side of the road to reconstruct the eastbound lanes between Simonet Dr and Waco St/185th Ave NW. Current map
- Both Directions: Expect lane shifts onto narrow temporary lanes with no shoulders and reduced speeds of 45 m.p.h.
- Eastbound: Reduced to a single-lane of traffic 24/7
- Westbound: Open to two lanes with periodic single-lane closures. Commercial trucks requested to please use the left-lane (concrete surface)
- Access closed: Joplin St and 185th Ave July 24-28. Use Waco St/185th Ave.
- For current travel speeds and road conditions, check 511mn.org
Motorists may encounter periodic access closures. Follow signs for alternate access at the Highway 10/Joplin St NW/185th Ave intersection to Highway 10/Waco St NW/185th Ave intersection.
Work operations and lane closures will suspend over the 2017-2018 winter season.
|Hwy 10 Elk River||Dates||Traffic Impact||Work|
|Lake Orono Bridge to east of Waco St/185th Ave NW||July 24 to Sept 1, 2017||
All lanes of traffic on westbound side - EB one lane, WB two lanes Map
|Lake Orono Bridge to east of Waco St/185th Ave NW||Sept 1 to mid-Oct 2017||
All lanes of traffic on eastbound side - EB one lane, WB two lanes
|Xenia Ave NW to east of Waco St/185th Ave NW||Mid-Oct to Oct 31, 2017||
Lane closures on both directions
|Complete 2017 work and remove temp lanes; construct 2018 temp crossovers; begin work on bridge structure|
|Work operations suspend for 2017-2018 winter season|
|East of Joplin St/185th Ave NW to Xenia Ave NW||April to Oct, 2018||
All lanes of traffic on either side of roadway - EB one lane, WB two lanes
Reconstruct lanes, bridge
Schedule is tentative and subject to change
Lake Orono waterway
Open. Watch for posted signs and obey channel navigation buoys in water at the bridge. During construction, there’s a chance it’ll be too narrow for some boats to pass due to the current bridge having one pier, and the new bridge having two piers.
Elk River is Open for Business
Access to local businesses and residences to be maintained and open, follow directional signs.
Information is tentative and subject to change