MnDOT will reconstruct and improve Highway 6 through Emily in 2018.
- Tree and brush removal along Highway 6 in Emily is scheduled for the week of March 19, and will take up to five days to complete. Motorists may encounter lane/shoulder closures and heavy moving equipment in the area during daylight hours. Drive with caution and watch for workers. News release
- Construction Open House Monday, April 9, from 5-7 p.m. at Emily City hall. Work begins in April, detours in May.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct pavement and roadbed, includes accesses
- Install a new underground storm sewer system and water retention pond
- Install new curbs, gutters and sidewalks
- Reconstruct the intersection at Crow Wing County Rd 1
- Rebuild the south access to South Bay Drive
- Preliminary design layout
Late March to early May
- Periodic lane or shoulder closures with possible flaggers controlling traffic as crews prepare work areas
Early May to late September
- Southbound Highway 6 will close and detour
- Detour uses Evergreen/Cemetery Rd, Crow Wing CR 1, White Pine St and Lake St in Emily. Maximum lane width on detour 10 ft.
- Northbound Highway 6 will be open to traffic and be shifted on either side or road. Max lane width 10 ft
- Local roads will have access closures, follow directional signs and expect changes
Emily is Open for Business
Access to businesses and residences to be maintained and open
All information is tentative and subject to change