Reconstruct in 2018
Update - A maintenance resurfacing job was completed May 8, 2017 to preserve the roadway until 2018 reconstruction.
- Reconstruct pavement and roadbed, includes accesses
- Install a new underground storm sewer system and water retention pond
- Install new curbs, gutters and sidewalks
- Reconstruct the intersection at CR 1
- Rebuild the south access to South Bay Drive
- Preliminary design layout
The project will make for a smoother road surface, improve storm water drainage and enhance accessibility and safety.
- $2.2 million
Traffic plans during roadwork
- Southbound Highway 6 will close and detour for three to five months
- Tentative detour to use Evergreen/Cemetery Road, Crow Wing CR 1, White Pine Street and Lake Street in Emily
- Northbound Highway 6 will be open to traffic
- Access to businesses will be maintained and open
All information is tentative and subject to change