Future plans are underway to resurface and improve Highway 12 through Cokato in 2020.
About this project
Plans are underway to resurface and improve pedestrian accessibility on Hwy 12 between Sunset Ave NW and 7th St SE in Cokato. Various other safety improvements are also being explored to reduce traffic speeds and improve safety for motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians along the corridor. Potential design elements include:
- Enhanced pedestrian crossings
- Bicycle lanes separated from traffic with a buffer space
- Narrower driving lanes
- Intersection improvements at Hwy 12 and Broadway Ave/CR 3
The safety improvements are meant to address concerns identified in the 2015 Highway 12 Road Safety Audit.
Summary of work
- Resurface the roadway, includes turn lanes and shoulders
- Improve pedestrian sidewalks, ramps and approaches
- Improve the Highway 12 and Broadway Ave/CR 3 intersection