Final project update - November 2018
Everything is open!
Good news! All lanes, cross street connections and sidewalks along Business Hwy 371/S 6th St between Hwy 210/Washington St and Joseph St are now open!
In the coming weeks, detour signs, cones and barricades will be removed. Watch for crews and plan on some temporary lane or shoulder closures as work wraps up.
Permanent road markings will be completed in 2019 when temperatures are warmer.
Before we go…
We want to take this opportunity to share some future State highway and bridge projects coming to the Brainerd/Baxter area through 2026:
- Reconstruct the Hwy 210 road surface, replace/repair pipes and improve access from the end of the four-lane in Brainerd to Ironton in 2019. The work will require a detour. Learn more about this project and subscribe for project email updates, at www.mndot.gov/d3/projects/2019/h210
- Reconstruct Business Hwy 371 from Greenwood St/Crow Wing CR 23 to Joseph St in Brainerd in 2022. Project includes pedestrian sidewalks and signal upgrades at Industrial Park Rd/Buffalo Hills Ln.
- Resurface Business Hwy 371 from Greenwood St/Crow Wing CR 23 to north of the Hwy 371/Business Hwy 371 interchange in Brainerd in 2022. Project includes left turn lanes at Greenwood St., St. Mathias Rd and 70th Ave.
- Replace the Hwy 25 bridge over the BNSF railroad tracks, north of Hwy 18/Oak St in Brainerd in 2022
- Install Reduced Conflict Intersections (RCIs) on Hwy 371 to improve access and motorist safety at CR 125/Gull Lake Dam Rd and CR 126/Green Gables Rd in Brainerd in 2022.
- Resurface both directions of Hwy 210 from Baxter Dr to the end of the four-lane, west of Meredith Dr, in Baxter in 2023
- Reconstruct and improve both directions of Hwy 210/Washington St from Baxter Dr to the east end of the four-lane in Brainerd, includes pedestrian sidewalks and intersection improvements in 2025-2026. The Mississippi River bridge to be redecked or replaced. A corridor study will be conducted in the upcoming years.
If you have any questions about these future projects, email Darren Nelson, Project Development Engineer, at Darren.Nelson@state.mn.us, he’ll forward your comments to the assigned project manager.
Information is tentative and subject to change.
For future projects and plans in Central Minnesota, visit www.mndot.gov/d3/projects.html
Thank you! We hope you enjoy the new roadway :)
This will be the last email update. The Hwy 371B/S 6th St Construction Crew thanks the Brainerd Community for its continued patience during this project!