Project update - August 2017
Did you miss the Hwy 371B/South Sixth Street reconstruction project open house on July 25 at Brainerd City Hall? That’s okay, we’ve got you covered—we’ve posted the open house handouts with tentative plans and detours below:
- About the project, contacts
- Sign up for project email updates
- Tentative work, detour schedule, map
- 2018 Detour routes map
- Plan layout with aerial image
Keep in mind that the plans are tentative and subject to change pending contractor award in fall 2017.
Looking ahead over winter
Crews will prepare work areas over winter, mainly removing trees along the roadway between November 2017 and March 2018. Motorists may encounter periodic lane or shoulder closures.
Reconstruct south to north in 2018
The city of Brainerd’s underground water and sewer systems need to be replaced south to north on the project first. So in April 2018, work will begin on the south end between Oak St and Joseph St and continue northward through downtown Brainerd. You can expect segments of road and sidewalks to close with detours between April and early-October 2018.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct and redesign the road, side street connections and driveway entrances between Hwy 210/Washington St and Joseph St
- Upgrade city underground utilities, includes water and sewer systems
- Improve pedestrian accessibility, includes wider sidewalks
- Upgrade signal systems
- Install new road signs and overhead LED street lights
Sign-up for project updates
You can now subscribe to project email updates for the upcoming Highway 371B/South Sixth Street reconstruction project between Highway 210/Washington St and Joseph St in Brainerd, which is set to begin late fall. You'll receive the latest news on the project, including traffic and detour information.
All lanes open in October 2018.