Highway 371B/South Sixth Street to be reconstructed through Brainerd from Hwy 210/Washington St to Joseph St in 2018.
Live in the area? You may want to subscribe to project email updates for the upcoming South Sixth Street project. We'll send you the latest news and traffic changes.
Crews continue to prepare work areas along Hwy 371/South Sixth Street, includes ditches near Willow St and Cedar Ave, for 2018 construction. Current map
- Motorists may encounter periodic lane or shoulder closures; watch for signs
- Pedestrians may encounter sidewalk closures; watch for signs and please stay out of closed areas
Tree cutting and removal was completed in November.
Brainerd is open for business
Access to businesses and residences to be maintained.
About this project
Summary of work
Reconstruct and redesign Hwy 371B/South Sixth St, includes sidewalks, curbs and gutters in 2018.
Hwy 210/Washington St to Front St
Intersection access, railroad crossing
Front St to Quince St
Five-lane design with two northbound and southbound lanes and a continuous center left-turn lane
Quince St to Joseph St
Three-lane design with one northbound and southbound lane and a continuous center left-turn lane
- Reconstruct side street connections and driveway entrances
- Upgrade city utilities and infrastructure, including water and sewer systems
- Improve pedestrian accessibility, including wider sidewalks
- Upgrade motorist and pedestrian signal systems
- Install new road signs and overhead LED street lights
Information is tentative and subject to change.
Web pg: jseelen