Work begins soon on the Highway 371B/South Sixth Street reconstruction project between Hwy 210/Washington St and Joseph St in Brainerd.
- Mark your calenders! Public open house set for Tuesday, March 20, 5 to 7 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church
- Live in the area? You may want to subscribe to project email updates for the South Sixth Street project. We'll send you the latest news and traffic changes.
Crews will prepare work areas for reconstruction. Current map
- Motorists: Periodic lane or shoulder closures; watch for signs
- Pedestrians: May encounter sidewalk closures; watch for signs and please stay out of closed areas
Brainerd is open for business
Access to businesses and residences to be maintained
About this project
Summary of work
Reconstruct and redesign Hwy 371B/South Sixth St, includes sidewalks, curbs and gutters in 2018.
Hwy 210/Washington St to Front St: Intersection access lanes, railroad crossing
Front St to Quince St: Five-lanes with two northbound and southbound lanes and a continuous center left-turn lane
Quince St to Joseph St: Three-lanes with one northbound and southbound lane and a continuous center left-turn lane
- Reconstruct side street connections and driveway entrances
- Upgrade city utilities and infrastructure, including water and sewer systems
- Improve pedestrian accessibility, including wider sidewalks
- Upgrade motorist and pedestrian signal systems
- Install new road signs and overhead LED street lights
Information is tentative and subject to change.
Web pg: jseelen