All lanes, cross street connections and sidewalks along Business Hwy 371/S Sixth St between Hwy 210/Washington St and Joseph St in Brainerd are now open. Final project update
Watch for crews and plan on some temporary lane or shoulder closures as work wraps up.
Permanent road markings will be completed in 2019, when temperatures are warmer.
Thank you Brainerd
The Hwy 371B/S 6th St Reconstruction Team thanks the Brainerd Community for its continued patience during this improvement project!
About this project
Summary of work
Reconstruct and redesign Hwy 371B/South Sixth St, includes sidewalks, curbs and gutters.
Hwy 210/Washington St to Front St: Intersection access lanes, railroad crossing
Front St to Quince St: Five-lanes with two northbound and southbound lanes and a continuous center left-turn lane
Quince St to Joseph St: Three-lanes with one northbound and southbound lane and a continuous center left-turn lane
- Reconstruct side street connections and driveway entrances
- Upgrade city utilities and infrastructure, including water and sewer systems
- Improve pedestrian accessibility, including wider sidewalks
- Upgrade motorist and pedestrian signal systems
- Install new road signs and overhead LED street lights