Construct a new roundabout
About this project
Construct a new single lane roundabout at the intersection of Highway 169/Minnesota Ave S and Red Oak/Southgate Drive, located in the south end of the city of Aitkin. Construction set to begin in May 2017.
Upcoming traffic impacts
Highway 169 will be open to traffic through the work area during construction. Traffic will be shifted to either side of the highway as segments of the roundabout are built. Expect reduced speeds, lane shifts, narrow lanes and heavy moving equipment entering and exiting work areas.
Also, locals may see utility or survey crews working along the roadway through April as as crews prepare the worksite.
Access to businesses will be maintained and open, follow signs.
Summary of work
- Construct a new single lane roundabout, includes local road connections
- Install pedestrian crossings and trail connections
- Install overhead safety lighting
- Update storm water drainage
- Final layout (Jan. 10, 2017)
- Improve motorist and pedestrian safety and accessibility
- Improve traffic flow and reduce delays
- $1.3 million