Construct a new roundabout
Work continues on a new single lane roundabout at the intersection of Highway 169 and Red Oak/Southgate Drive in Aitkin. Current map
Hwy 169 open
Highway 169 is open to traffic through the work area. Traffic will be shifted to either side of the roadway as segments of the roundabout are built. When traveling through the work area you can expect:
- Reduced speeds, lane shifts, and heavy moving equipment entering and exiting work areas
- Periodic lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic
Access changes at Red Oak Dr and Southgate Drive, follow signs:
- Southgate Drive access closed to reconstruct. Use temporary north access entrance
- Red Oak Drive access scheduled to close July 19 to reconstruct. Use south Country Market entrance, temporary signed road.
Aitkin is open for business
Access to businesses and residences will be maintained and open at all times.
Summary of work
- Construct a new single lane roundabout, includes local road connections
- Install pedestrian crossings and trail connections
- Install overhead LED safety lighting
- Update storm water drainage