Mid-August to mid-September
- Hwy 55 is now open. Detour has been lifted.
- Segments of Hwy 55 Buffalo to Rockford intermittently reduced to a single lane.
About this project
Summary of work
Buffalo to Rockford
- Reconstruct Hwy 55 (full-depth reclamation) from Division St in Buffalo to Autumn Oaks/Electric Dr in Rockford, includes shoulders and turn lanes
- Replace or repair underground culverts and cattle passes
- Replace guardrail
- Resurface Hwy 55 in Rockford from Autumn Oaks/Electric Dr to east of Main St at the Crow River, includes shoulders and turn lanes
- Install a center left-turn lane at Hwy 55/Walnut Pl
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approach ramps from Ash St to Main St
- Upgrade the signal at Hwy 55/Main St with a left-turn flashing yellow arrow