Plan for delays, detour
Detour until mid/late-August
Highway 55 is closed to through traffic from Division St in Buffalo to Autumn Oaks/Electric Dr in Rockford until mid/late-August. Latest project update
Hwy 55 in Rockford from the Crow River bridge to Autumn Oaks/Electric Drive remains open to local traffic with periodic lane closures.
- Through traffic: Detour uses Hwy 25 at Buffalo, Hwy 12 to Delano and Wright CR 139/County line Rd, Hennepin CR 11 and CR 92/Dogwood St to Rockford. Expect delays, and seek possible alternative routes. Detour map
- Local traffic: Hwy 55 from Autumn Oaks Drive to Division Street will be closed and impassable at some locations. Please watch for changes, follow road signs and use the closest alternate route. Underground structures 1-5 map.
- Gabler Ave at Hwy 55 to close periodically to replace pipe; Hwy 55 remains open
- Hwy 55 west of 30th St SE closes Friday, July 13 for a week to replace pipe
- Hwy 55 east of Eckert Ave SE - date TBD
- Hwy 55 between Deadrick Ave SE and Eastwood Ave - date TBD
- Hwy 55 east of 5th St SE/Wright CR 33 - date TBD
Access to businesses and residences to be maintained and open
Mid/late-August to mid-September
Segments of Highway 55 Buffalo to Rockford intermittently reduced to a single lane.
Sign-up for project updates
Information is tentative and subject to change.