Resurface, replace or repair bridges and culverts, improve safety and drainage on Hwy 25 from Montrose to Watertown in 2018.
Highway 25 closed from south of Montrose at County Rd 30 to Hwy 25/Jefferson Ave/Carver County Rd 10 in Watertown. Follow the signed detour along CR 30 and CR 13/10. Detour map
New roadway opens July 23
Highway 25 is scheduled to open to all traffic between Montrose and Watertown on Monday, July 23. Please watch for crews removing detour signs and barricades along the roadway.
MnDOT thanks you for your continued patience during this road improvement project. We hope you enjoy the roadway.
Summary of work
- Resurface eight miles of roadway (mill and overlay), includes shoulders
- Repair or replace drainage infrastructure, includes a box culvert bridge south of Montrose, and pipe near Pooles Lake
- Install new LED stop signs on Wright CR 30 at Hwy 25
- Repair a slope along southbound Hwy 25, north of Armitage Ave
- Upgrade guardrail and install mumble strips