Resurface and improve drainage on Highway 25 from Montrose to Watertown in 2018.
Summary of work
- Resurface eight miles of roadway (mill and overlay), includes shoulders
- Repair or replace drainage infrastructure, includes a box culvert bridge south of Montrose, and pipe near Pooles Lake
- Install new LED stop signs on Wright CR 30 at Hwy 25
- Repair a slope along southbound Hwy 25, north of Armitage Ave
- Upgrade guardrail and install mumble strips
Detour, traffic plans
Highway 25 will close and detour either north or south of Wright County Road 30 to complete underground drainage. Project traffic plan map, includes culvert/pipe locations
North of County Rd 30 to Montrose
Mid-May to early-July
- Highway 25 to close north of CR 30 to Hwy 12 in Montrose. Detour uses Hwy 12 to Delano and CR 30. Detour map
Montrose to Watertown
- Highway 25 to close south of County Rd 30 to Hwy 25/Jefferson Ave/Carver County Rd 10 in Watertown. Detour uses CR 30 and CR 13/10. Detour map
- Highway 25 will have periodic lane closures with flaggers and a pilot car, from north of CR 30 to Montrose.
Highway 25 will need to close to all traffic at some locations. Please watch for changes, follow directional signs and use the closest alternate route. Access to businesses and residences to be maintained.
All work and lane closures on Hwy 25 to be complete by mid-August.
Live in the area? You may want to subscribe to project email updates for the Hwy 25 project. We'll send you the latest news about traffic and detour changes.