Reconstruct in 2018
Crews will reconstruct and improve Highway 238 between Railroad Avenue and North Lake in Albany in 2018.
Begins week of Jan. 22
Crews will begin to remove trees along Hwy 238 between Railroad Ave and Auer Ave/CR 10 in Albany the week of Jan. 22. Work to take up to five good weather days to complete. News Release
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the road core and surface
- Reconstruct side street connections and driveway entrances
- Install new city sanitary sewer, water main, storm sewer and curb/gutter
- Improve pedestrian accessibility, includes new sidewalks and ramps
Detour, traffic plans
- Highway 238 to close and detour via Soo Line Ave and 6th St in Albany
- Residents many encounter heavy equipment, workers and flaggers controlling traffic through work areas
- Today on Hwy 238, check 511mn.org
Albany is open for business
Access to local businesses and residences to be maintained
Information is tentative and subject to change.