Reconstruct in 2018
Crews will reconstruct and improve Highway 238 between Railroad Avenue and North Lake in Albany in 2018.
Mark your calenders–Open House May 24
Join MnDOT staff at a Highway 238 reconstruction project open house and learn details about the work, required road/lane closures and detour, and get your questions answered.
- Thursday, May 24, 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Arrive anytime.
Albany City Hall
400 Railroad Ave/Hwy 238, Albany
We hope to see you there!
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the road core and surface
- Reconstruct side street connections and driveway entrances
- Install new city sanitary sewer, water main, storm sewer and curb/gutter
- Improve pedestrian accessibility, includes new sidewalks and ramps
Detour, traffic plans
- Highway 238 to close and detour via Soo Line Ave and 6th St in Albany
- Residents many encounter heavy equipment, workers and flaggers controlling traffic through work areas
- Today on Hwy 238, check 511mn.org
Albany is open for business
Access to local businesses and residences to be maintained
Information is tentative and subject to change.