Reconstruct in 2018
Crews will reconstruct and improve Highway 238 between Railroad Avenue and North Lake in Albany in 2018. Project info brochure
Detour June to mid-Sept
- Highway 238/1st St to close and detour via 6th St and Soo Line Ave/Stearns County Rd 53 in Albany. Detour map
- Local access to businesses and residences to be maintained and open. However, expect some changes, including gravel surfaces, temporary access or sidewalk closures with signed detours, or workers and flaggers controlling traffic through areas.
- Today on Hwy 238, check 511mn.org
Albany is open for business
Access to local businesses and residences to be maintained
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the road core and surface
- Reconstruct side street connections and driveway entrances
- Install new city sanitary sewer, water main, storm sewer and curb/gutter
- Improve pedestrian accessibility, includes new sidewalks and ramps
Information is tentative and subject to change.