Road and sidewalk improvements are in progress on Highway 27 and Highway 71 through Long Prairie.
Road paving operations Sept. 22-27
Final road paving operations are scheduled Sept. 22-27 in Long Prairie. Crews will work sunrise to sunset, on good weather days. Traffic impacts:
- Highway 71 - Lane closures with possible flaggers controlling traffic on Friday, Sept. 22 and Saturday, Sept. 23.
- Highway 27 - Closed between Hwy 71 and 9th St NE from Monday, Sept. 25 to Wednesday, Sept. 27. Detour uses Hwy 287/4th Ave SE and CentraCare Dr. Detour map
- Residents along Hwy 27, where parking is restricted during road work, may park at the city of Long Prairie Great River Regional Library Parking Lot overnight.
Hwy 27, Hwy 71
Both directions open to traffic on narrowed lanes (11 ft max) with closed shoulders and reduced speeds through Long Prairie.
Slow down, watch for road signs and expect changes when traveling in Long Prairie.
Pedestrian accesses and sidewalks to be closed and detoured in segments. Follow directional signs and please stay out of closed work areas. This work also requires shoulder/parking closures.
Long Prairie is Open for Business
Access to businesses and residences will be maintained and open at all times
Summary of work
- Resurface Hwy 27 (1st Ave N) between Hwy 71 (Lake St) and 9th St NE
- Resurface Hwy 71 (Lake St/Hwy 27) between Hwy 27 (1st Ave N) and 6th Ave S
- Upgrade the signal system at Todd County Rd 38 (2nd Ave S) and Hwy 71
- Repair storm sewers
- Reconstruct pedestrian sidewalks and ramps
September for a week: Final paving operations will require lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic on Hwy 27 and Hwy 71.
Information is subject to change.