Road and sidewalk improvements are in progress on Highway 27 and Highway 71 through Long Prairie.
Hwy 27, Hwy 71
Both directions open to traffic on narrowed lanes (11 ft max) with closed shoulders and reduced speeds.
Slow down, watch for road signs and expect changes when traveling in Long Prairie.
Pedestrian accesses and sidewalks to be closed and detoured in segments. Follow directional signs and please stay out of closed work areas. This work also requires shoulder/parking closures.
Long Prairie is Open for Business
Access to businesses and residences will be maintained and open at all times
Summary of work
- Resurface Hwy 27 (1st Ave N) between Hwy 71 (Lake St) and 9th St NE
- Resurface Hwy 71 (Lake St/Hwy 27) between Hwy 27 (1st Ave N) and 6th Ave S
- Upgrade the signal system at Todd County Rd 38 (2nd Ave S) and Hwy 71
- Repair storm sewers
- Reconstruct pedestrian sidewalks and ramps
Late-July for 3-5 days: Hwy 27 and Riverside Dr to close and detour for drainage repairs at Hwy 71. Map
- Hwy 27 to close between Hwy 71 and 1st St SE. Detour to use Hwy 287 (4th Ave SE), Todd County Road 12 and CentraCare Dr
- Riverside Dr to close a short distance west of Hwy 71. Locals to use north Hwy 71/Riverside Dr access.
- Hwy 71 to remain open to traffic
September for a week: Final paving operations will require lane closures with flaggers controlling traffic on Hwy 27 and Hwy 71.
Information is subject to change.