Reconstruct and improve
Highway 238 will close and detour in segments to reconstruct the road surface between Upsala and Albany beginning in May 2017.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct the road surface using a construction process called reclamation
- Pave shoulders
- Repair or replace drainage
Plan for detours, delays
Highway 238 will close and detour in segments from May to mid-Sept. Motorists should plan for delays and expect heavy moving equipment entering and exiting work areas. Tentative work segments and timeframes:
Hwy 238 north of CR 17 to Upsala
- May to June: Hwy 238 to close north of CR 17 to CR 21 in Upsala. Detour goes west of Hwy 238 via CR 19, CR 36 and CR 17. Map
Hwy 238 south of CR 17 to Albany
- July to mid-Sept: Hwy 238 to close south of CR 17 to CR 10 in Albany. Detour goes east of Hwy 238 via CR 17 and CR 10. Map
- July for one week: Hwy 238 to close in Albany to replace a culvert south of CR 10. Detour uses 6th St and Soo Line Ave in Albany. Map
Access to businesses and residences will be maintained and open. Follow signs.