(October 6, 2017)
Visit the photo gallery to view pictures of construction progress.
Crews are currently working on completing the concrete pavement on the eastbound lanes and they continue to form and pour the concrete bridge barrier on the south side of the bridge. Preparations have also began on prepping & painting the steel bridge beams on the east approach spans of the bridge.
- Concrete deck poured in the truss spans of the eastbound lanes
- Continue prepping & painting steel bridge beams on east approach spans of bridge and begin working on the west approach spans.
- Upon completion of the bridge rail/barrier and the concrete pavement on the eastbound lanes, traffic is will switch over to the eastbound lanes and the westbound lanes will be closed.
- This this traffic switch should take place around the end of October and last through the summer of 2018.
- Traffic will still remain one lane in each direction.
- The westbound ramp from 4th St./River road will be closed, and the eastbound ramp from Highway 2 to 4th St./River Road will be open during this phase.
- There will be slight variations to which lanes are open to traffic during the traffic switch and there may be short term delays, but one lane will be open in each direction at all times.
- Remove the north half of the concrete bridge deck after the traffic switch is completed.
- Traffic switch in late October
- Short term- Occasional detours of up to three days duration
- Long term- Lane closures
- Restrictions for oversized vehicles
- MnDOT will try to coordinate passage for agricultural equipment when possible. Those crossings can only take place from 4-6 a.m., and must be requested at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact Paul Konickson during regular business hours at 218-277-7963, email@example.com.