(May 11, 2017) Traffic layout on the bridge will remain in the same configuration throughout the fall with motorists using the northern lanes.
The Greenway Trail has a paved temporary trail to route pedestrians and bicyclists around the construction area.
Crews have removed the western bridge approaches and a barge has been moved into place to assist in construction. Boat traffic should also use caution as they navigate along the construction zone.
Visit the photo gallery to view pictures of construction progress.
- Continue removing the southern portion of the bridge deck.
- Continue to construct the temporary pier. When complete the bridge will rest on the temporary pier to allow crews to construct a new permanent pier.
- Short term- Occasional detours of up to three days duration
- Long term- Lane closures
- Restrictions for oversized vehicles
- MnDOT will try to coordinate passage for agricultural equipment when possible. Those crossings can only take place from 4-6 a.m., and must be requested at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact Paul Konickson during regular business hours at 218-277-7963, firstname.lastname@example.org.