(June 23, 2017)
Traffic will be reduced to a single lane, controlled by Flaggers, beginning June 24. The additional lane closures will only take place outside of peak travel times (6:30 - 9 a.m. and 3:30 - 6 p.m.)
Crews have been busy completing: structural repairs, grading of eastbound lanes located east of bridge, installation of storm sewer east of the bridge, and formation of the bridge deck on the eastern approach span. As construction begins on the new bridge pier, crews must drive pilings through the bridge deck which require the increased lane closures over the next week.
Visit the photo gallery to view pictures of construction progress.
- Construction of temporary Pier 6 completed and load transferred from the old pier
- Old pier 6 removed
- Concrete pavement removal completed on eastbound lanes located east of bridge
- Completion of pile driving for new pier 6
- Continue construction of the new pier
- Continue to form deck on east approach span
- Continue grading on east end and remove concrete pavement of the eastbound lanes located west of bridge
- Lane closures / single lane traffic- June 24-30
- Short term- Occasional detours of up to three days duration
- Long term- Lane closures
- Restrictions for oversized vehicles
- MnDOT will try to coordinate passage for agricultural equipment when possible. Those crossings can only take place from 4-6 a.m., and must be requested at least 24 hours in advance. Please contact Paul Konickson during regular business hours at 218-277-7963, firstname.lastname@example.org.