Ontario Detail Design Public Meeting
The fifth open house and public hearing will be held on Oct. 4, 2017 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Rainy River Recreation Centre, 219 Government Road, Rainy River, ON. The event will provide an opportunity for citizens to review the recommended plan, staging and traffic management plan, protection an mitigation measures, and answer any questions about the study.
Environmental Assessment/Environmental Assessment Worksheet
The EA/EAW documents the purpose and need of the project along with the anticipated social, economic, and environmental impacts, including Federal Section 106 and Section 4(f) impacts.
Copies of the EA will be available for review during the open house and public hearing, and are also available for public viewing during business hours at the following locations from February 6, 2017 through March 24, 2017:
- Baudette Public Library, 110 1st Ave SW, Baudette, MN 56623
- MnDOT District 2 Office, 3920 Highway 2 West, Bemidji, MN 56601
- MnDOT Library, 395 John Ireland Boulevard, St. Paul, MN 55155
- Environmental Conservation Library, Hennepin County Library, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 54401
Transportation Environmental Study Report (TESR)
The TESR documents environmentally significant aspects of the planning, design, construction and operation of specific types of projects as defined by Canadian Provincial Transportation Facilities. This TESR fulfills the documentation requirements of the Class EA for Provincial Transportation Facilities (2000) for Group B projects.
Copies of the TESR will be available for review during the open house and public hearing, and are also available for public viewing during business hours at the following locations from February 6, 2017 through March 23, 2017:
- Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Thunder Bay District Office, 435 James St S, Thunder Bay, ON
- Town of Rainy River, Clerk's Office, 201 Atwood Ave, Rainy River, ON
- Rainy River Public Library, 334 4th St, Rainy River, ON