About this project
This project is an urban reconstruction project on Highway 6 and Highway 2 in Deer River. The work includes:
- Resurface Highway 6 in Deer River from Highway 2 to County Road 128
- Resurface Highway 2 from 2nd Ave. NW to 1st St. SE
- Pedestrian accessibility improvements
- Replace sidewalks, curb and gutter and storm sewer.
- City sanitary service as well as watermain and service replacement from Highway 2 to County Road 128.
- Update city fire hydrants and street lighting.
- Crews will also replace the culvert north of County Road 19, located 4 miles north of Deer River.
Virtual Open House
A project kickoff meeting will be held virtually on Thursday, May 7 at 5 p.m. Representatives from MnDOT, Casper Construction and the City of Deer River will be on hand to discuss project details, project timeline and answer user-submitted questions.
- Thursday, May 7, 5 p.m.- Click here to register
Contact us if you experience any trouble registering for the event.
Detour: see map