About this project
Construction is progressing in Northome. Crews have been installing new storm sewer pipe and structures on Highway 1 from Fourth Street to Highway 46. Beginning September 9, crews will begin installing curb, gutter and sidewalk from Fourth Street to the East grading limits.
The local detour and truck detour remain in effect. Weekly public meetings are held Tuesdays at the Northome City Hall at 9:30 AM for the duration of the project.
(Updated September 6, 2019)
Summary of work
- Grade and resurface highway
- Resurface multi-use trail
- Highway lighting
- Pedestrian ramps and accessibility improvements
- Curb and gutter
- Storm sewer
- Truck Detour: Koochiching County Road 36 and Highway 71
- Local Detour: Fifth Street and Lake Street